Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Going on holiday

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Going on holiday

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have had hedgehogs for years, they nest in the garden and there is always an occupied hedgehog house. They have become ( I assume ) used to having the food that I provide and I’m now worried about what to do when I’m away for a week in October . Usually I have someone to come and put food and water down but this year there is no one. Will they leave me ?.

Nic

Hi Granny7

Sorry no-one has replied sooner.

What we feed should only be supplementary to what the hogs can find for themselves, so hopefully the hogs will be ok. It’s possible, though, at this time of year, that they might not be back until after hibernation – but they might be!

Try to leave some water out if you can – somewhere where the rain might top it up.

Good luck. Hope your holiday goes well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog